Various non-tariff measures may be applied to protect the economic interests of a country.
Each company importer / exporter that plans to conduct foreign trade must know exactly whether such measures are applied to the goods of interest to it. If such measures are in place, they must be implemented.
Such measures include:
- licensing-permission to import / export certain types of goods;
- quotas-quantitative restrictions on the import/export of goods;
- certification-goods imported into the territory of the Customs Union of the EAEU must comply with the Technical regulations of the CU of the EAEU. Also, the goods must necessarily be marked with the appropriate marking, confirming compliance with technical requirements;
- sanitary and epidemiological control-certificate of state registration, which confirms the safety of imported products;
- veterinary control-veterinary certificate
quarantine and phyto-sanitary control, phyto — quarantine certificate
- currency control